Seth Wheeler was born in Sutton, Mass, on July 13, 1756 and died in 1827 (death date from Landmarks of Tompkins County) Headstone inscription has died Sept. 23, 1828 age 72 yrs.
He was buried in the Old Cemetery in Dryden Village. Seth at age 19 years old enlisted in the Revolutionary War. He went to New Hampshire and took up a farm and married a lady form Boston by the name of Rebecca Elliott who d. Feb 25, 1821 age 62 yr. She is buried also in the Old Dryden Cemetery, in the Village of Dryden.
Seth served as private and corporal in 1778, in Col. Jonathan Chase's regiment of militia which marched to Ticonderoga from Croyden, NH, were he was born. (D.A.R. Lineage Books, Vol. 70.)
Seth & Rebecca (Elliott) Wheeler moved to Dryden in 1804 and had a family of 10 children.1. Rebecca Wheeler married Elisaph Sanford son of Ezekiel Sanford, and step son of
Rebecca Barker Foote Sanford, the 2nd wife of Ezekiel Sanford.
2. Betsey Wheeler married Jared Todd
3. Susan Wheeler married John Pettigrew.
4. Lucy Wheeler never married
5. Seth Wheeler Jr., married Samantha Lacy
6. Enos Wheeler married a Mary Blair,
a son Elliot B. Wheeler married Mary Jane Lormor, 2nd
7. Polly Wheeler, never married
8. John Wheeler married Eliza Blair
9. Anna Wheeler married Anson Blair
10. Orrin Wheeler married Mary Bartholomew
11. Selinda Wheeler, born March 22, 1799 in Croyden, N. H. She married on Feb. 18, 1820 to William Marsden Blair. They are buried in Litchfield, Michigan.
Updates to this family history were given by a 4th great grandson of Seth & Rebecca Wheeler, Gary Snyder
to Genealogy Connect - Plus
Copyright by JanMarie
All Rights Reserved.